Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Taco Taco Taco!!!

Who doesn't love a good taco? They are warm, a little spicy, comforting, and delicious! I could literally eat them everyday. I don't claim to be a professional chef. The Food Network is going to be knocking on my door offering me a show. But I like to think of myself as a damn good cook. It's not always healthy. I try to keep things pretty simple and I obsess over pinterest recipes. My husband and friends and my Little lady all seem enjoy what the things I make and that's all I could ask for.

I grew up with my dad and my brother for the most part. My dad gets pretty much all the credit for my cooking skills. One of my favorite things he would make us is TACOS! They aren't complicated but they are incredibly yummy. You can also adjust the recipe to make it healthier or spicier depending on your tastes. 
The hubby and The Little Lady worked up an appetite!

Ingredients:
  • El Paso Dinner Kit (I prefer the stand and stuff ones because they are easier to stuff)
  • 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef (or turkey)
  • 2 medium sized Jalapenos (any hot pepper that you like will work)
  • 1 medium sized onion
  • shredded cheese
  • tomatoes 
  • lettuce
  • sour cream
  • Taco seasoning
  • butter and a bit of olive oil
Okay its Taco night!
the first thing you need to do is gather the most important part of cooking 

Got that?! alright next you need to chop your peppers and onions



leave one end on the onion and then slice vertically off of that before you chop. By leaving that end on it will help hold the onion together to get a more even chop/dice

Okay now that they are all chopped up time to heat up butter and a bit of olive oil in a pan.

once its gotten hot add your peppers and onions. heat them up for a bit until the onions begin to soften. after a minute I like to add a bit of the taco seasoning. 


Next you'll add the meat. Mix it with the peppers and onions and let that start to brown up real nice. Once its browned add the rest of your seasoning ( the dinner kits come with a pack of seasoning). If you are using more then a pound and a half though I would get a second packet or invest in the big container of it. You could even make your own!


Get it all mixed together all cozy-like. Then turn down the temperature to about medium-low/medium and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Really it could go longer if you want it to. that'll just let the flavor build up even more. Just remember to give it a stir every so often to make sure it doesn't stick. Also if the temp it too high it could burn off all the liquid so turn it down and just add a little more water if this happens. Itll be okay!

While everything is simmering and getting delicious you can get your toppings ready. Chop some tomatoes, cut up some lettuce, shred some cheese. I opted for lazy this time with some pre cut/ shredded stuff. Also get your shells ready to go in the oven to heat up. 

When all that is done check your meat. Its probably done by now depending on how fast to chop. 
it should look something like this when its all ready!

Now you just have to build your tacos and enjoy!!!



YUMMMMMMMMM!!! Like I said i could eat these everyday! They don't look too complicated right?! perfect for a busy week night!

Enjoy y'all!












No comments:

Post a Comment